Friday, June 17, 2011

Hello Again

I can't believe it's been 3 months since I posted. I started this blog with good intentions but life got in the way. I guess I didn't have much to say either. I started this blog as a way to post my art that I was doing for on line swaps. I belong to Yahoo groups All Things Tim and Everything Wendy Veechi. I joined a couple swaps on EWV and one on ATT but only got one item posted here. I need to join more of the swaps and post the resulting art here.


I also thought this would be a good place to share my thoughts. As the title says the thoughts won't be lofty by any means. I have a lot of ideas that come into my head and some that leave as quickly as they enter. If I'm lucky to catch a few I'll post them here. If I'm luckier they might be entertaining or at least informative.


I've been hanging out with my camera lately. I love taking pictures of my backyard buddies(birds, chipmunks and squirrels), my cats, family/friends and graves. I'm am a contributing photographer for FIND A GRAVE.com. It's a great site for genealogists. I will take photos for people who have family members in Macon County(IL) cemeteries. You can make a request at Find A Grave.com. I'm not the only one in Macon Co. on FAG who'll take photos but if you contact me personally I'll do my best to get your photos. Grave hunting, as I call it, is really a nice way to be outside, usually in a quiet cemetery to think, take photos and appreciate the past.


I am currently helping as a volunteer photographer for the Decatur Genealogical Society(DGS). I am trying to get photographs of all the graves at Spangler Cemetery, Decatur, IL. Once I get all the photos taken, DGS will put the photos in a book with available obituaries and sell the book in order to raise money to support DGS.. I hope to have all the photos taken by the end of July, if the weather will cooperate.


The second week of June was the Macon County Fair. I entered my first photography contest. I won first place for my "Just Ducky" photo in the Macon County Fair category. There were 6 other fair related photos in that category. The photo was also up for Best of Show but a really cute squirrel in the show took the top prize. In the Pets/Animal category I won 4th place with a photo of my cat Fimo sunning herself. It was up against about 25-30 photos. Not a bad start for a first time in a contest.


I hope to keep up with this blog at least on a weekly basis. Since I'm on summer break from school I hope to develop a good habit of writing weekly. I hope you enjoy whatever I have to offer. I will enjoy any comments you might have. Hopefully they are good ones or at least gentle comments.  Have a great week. See you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment